Powerful Witnessing Ideas, Proven to be Effective!
There are countless ideas for tract uses and here are some of the most effective ideas.
- Response demanding tracts! Make them glad, sad or upset, but get a response!
- Save many through loving compassion & others through fiery confrontation. Jude 22,23
- Start sharing Jesus with others with Gospel tracts.
- You can make a difference! Let God use you to fill the earth with His glory!
Effective Ways to Use Gospel Tracts
The following suggestions will give you some ideas of how you can use the “silent messengers” in order to save many lost souls.
1. Obey all local ordinances as some areas or stores have prohibited the distribution of literature.
2. Always ask God to use you, seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit for each tract placed, and then pray for the Lord of harvest to bless it.
Witnessing Opportunities are only limited by your imagination!
- Hand out to customers at local fast food restaurants.
- Put on tables in post offices.
- Pass out on busy downtown street corners.
- Pass out at schools after dismissal.
- Hand tracts to the passengers on the elevators.
- Leave a tract next to the handrail on the escalator.
- Pass out to people waiting in line at theater.
- Pass out to customers waiting in line at restaurant.
- Pass out to downtown pedestrians.
- Put in each box or bag of merchandise sold.
- Send to parents in birth announcements.
- Leave in phone booths.
- Leave on ATM machines.
- Leave in game rooms.
- Place under the car windshield wiper in parking lots.
- Pass out door to door.
- Give to Flight Attendants, Cab Drivers, Truck Drivers.
- Put in Plane seat pockets, inside magazines, restrooms.
- Leave on sitting areas of shopping malls.
- Pass out at parades, festivals, and special events.
- Leave in city parks on benches, etc.
- Leave on Dressers for the Maid at Motels
- Hand out at stadium entrances, etc.
- Leave in Laundromats.
- Leave at funeral homes.
- Give to attendants at parking garages, etc.
- Leave in motel rooms (in the drawers, telephone book, etc.)
- Give to waitresses with generous tips at restaurants
- Put in magazines in waiting rooms.
- Leave in beauty parlors.
- Hand out at zoos, picnic areas, beaches.
- Include in bills paid by mail.
- Hand to store employees, check-out clerks.
- Leave on waiting areas of hospitals.
- Leave in restrooms at restaurants, schools, airports, etc.
- Leave in bank where deposit slips are.
- Leave with generous tip in restaurants.
- Give to hospital and nursing home patients.
- Leave in returned library books.
- Leave on tables at flea markets, Swapmeets, etc.
- Leave on tables at health club.
- Put in airport lounges, bus terminals, etc.
- Mail to relatives of deceased in obituaries.
- Leave on seats on bus, cab, airplane, etc.
- Rent booths at county or local fairs.
- Put in helium-filled balloons.
- Put in pockets of used clothing given away.
- Leave in dressing rooms of clothing stores.
- Put in sealed bottles in the ocean.
- Hand out at sporting events.
- The endless possibilities as the Holy Spirit leads you.
PLEASE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWINGS WHEN PASSING OUT TRACTS.
PLEASE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWINGS WHEN PASSING OUT TRACTS.
- Remember that it is each believer’s responsibility to go and evangelize (see Mat. 28:19-20; Mk. 16:15; Lk. 24:45-48; Acts 1:8;2 Cor. 5:17-21; Phil. 2:16; 2 Tim. 4:5).
- Remember that by giving out the gospel you are offering the greatest gift in the world. When we share the gospel we are offering dead people life; we are offering poor people riches; we are offering sick people healing; we are offering lost people eternal salvation.
- Study the tracts first yourself before giving them out to others. This way you will know exactly what it says and you can refer to it when you talk to people.
- Make a faithful commitment to give out at least so many tracts each week, each month and each year. You will be amazed of the joy the Lord gives you in your heart each time you pass out a tract to a stranger with a prayer.
- Always smile and be pleasant and polite. Remember that you are a complete stranger to the people you are approaching. Ask kindly, “May I share Good News with you by giving you this Free booklet?” or “I have some Good News for You” or “May I give you something that has been a blessing in my life?” If they are busy ask them to take it and read later at home.
- Keep in mind that the goal is not merely to give out tracts but to find opportunities to witness to people about the Lord Jesus Christ with the goal of leading them to salvation. Use the tracts to open the conversation, and when you find someone who is interested take the time to talk further with him and see if he or she is willing to meet again for further sharing of the Gospel.
- Don’t ever get discouraged or upset if someone says something against Jesus and the Bible or they mock you and what you are doing. “For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God” “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you” “Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their fathers treated the prophets” (1 Cor 1:18; Mat. 5:11-12; Luke 6:22-23).
- Give Gospel tracts to those who look like they might be interested and to those who don’t. It may be the last and only opportunity to be saved for some people. We cannot look upon the hearts of men and we cannot know who God might be dealing with. Jesus said preach the gospel to every creature (Mk. 16:15). “All who were appointed for eternal life believed” (Acts 13:48)
- One of the most important things about tract distribution is faithfulness, persistency and prayer. Some may be thrown away but others may find them. We have met many people who first got interested in Christ by reading tracts that were given by their friends and street evangelists. This has happened many times. God wants faithful workers. Don’t get discouraged if nothing seems to be happening. We must do this work by faith, not by sight. Keep your eyes on the Lord and trust Him to accomplish His will and to give fruit and just continue to give out the gospel. “Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously” (2 Cor. 9:6). “Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful” (1 Cor. 4:2).
- Remember that our real enemy in gospel tract distribution is not people but the devil. He is the god of this world who is blinding the minds of the unbelievers “The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God” (2 Cor. 4:4). Thus we must have on the whole armor of God as we go about this important work “Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes”(Eph. 6:11-12).
- Pray much before and after your tract distribution. Pray that God will open the spiritual eyes of the people so that they desire to know Him and that they will read and come to accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and the Lord. Praise the Lord for the mission! “Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel” (Eph 6:19).